This recipe has been a revelation to my tastebuds. Possible one of the best things I’ve made and eaten in quite a while. I made them for the Diner En Blanc or white dinner here in Paris to accompany my Chicken, Pistachio and Cranberry terrine that I made for my audition on MasterChef but also for the white dinner as well.
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup brown caster sugar
1 cup water
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs of rosemary
- Sterilise two medium sized jars
- Place the vinegar, sugar and water in a medium sized saucepan and bring to the boil
- Reduce heat to low and add the bay leaf, rosemary and cherries, place a lid on top and cook on lowest setting for 5 minutes
- Turn the heat off and leave for another 5 minutes
- Place the cherries in the jars and fill with the liquid
- Leave to cool in jars before place in the fridge for at least 4 weeks although because of the delicious tasting cherries they probably won’t last
- If you have any left over liquid you can return this to the pan with some more sugar and reduce to make a delicious tangy syrup for ice cream.